Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rainy Cynthia



Happy Saturday everyone! Thank you for joining me.

Today's card is for the Paper Playtime Challenge #18, Listen to the Music of the Falling Rain. As soon as I saw this Fairy Cynthia digi stamp from the Stamping Boutique, I knew that I had to use her for this challenge.

Sometimes I struggle with how I want to use a particular image , colors, embellishments, etc., but this design came to me instantly. I have had this designer paper in my stash for a couple years and it seemed perfect for Cynthia. I used Copic markers to color the image and highlighted Cynthia's crown with Stickles. The flower centers and the puddle are embellished with Crystal Effects and the silk flowers are highlighted with Shimmer paint. 

Here is a closer look. I think that it shows the added accents a little clearer for you.


The little hearts are from the Stampin' Up! punch Pinking Hearts Border. You would actually throw these away but they seemed so appropriate for the raindrops. The lace is from Jo Ann Fabrics and the ribbon is retired Stampin' Up!. The cardstock is also Stampin' Up!

See you tomorrow with another Halloween Card.



1 comment:

Janis Lewis said...

So pretty! Love the soft colors and the way you did the circles on the mushroom. Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis